Gilbert Family Wines Wins at the 2018 Orange Wine Show
Gilbert Family Wines has won 2 Trophies, 3 Golds, 2 Silvers and 5 Bronze medals at the 2018 Orange Wine Show.
“We are extremely happy to hear that our wines performed so well at the 2018 Orange Wine Show’ advised Simon Gilbert (Director & Chief Winemaker). ‘We will be showcasing our Trophies and medals at our Tasting Room, The Cellar by Gilbert, to ensure everyone knows of these and understands how proud the team are to make award-winning wines”, Winemaker Simon Gilbert.
“An amazing range of wine styles and varieties were entered into this year’s 2018 Orange Wine Show, these wines highlight the diversity of the Region and the work being put into the grape growing and winemaking community”, Judge James Manners.
Orange Wine Show 2018 Trophies & Medals:
- 2017 Gilbert Sauvignon Blanc Sur Lie - Trophy: Best Sauvignon Blanc of the Show. Medal: Gold
- 2013 Gilbert Late Harvest Riesling - Trophy: Best Dessert Wine of the Show Trophy: Chairman's Selection. Medal: Gold
- 2012 Gilbert Riesling - Medal: Gold
- 2017 Gilbert Riesling - Medal: Silver
- 2017 Gilbert Chardonnay - Medal: Silver
- 2017 Gilbert Pinot Noir Barrel Select - Medal: Silver
- 2018 Gilbert Riesling- Medal: Bronze
- 2018 Gilbert Riesling RS13 - Medal: Bronze
- 2017 Gilbert G+Co Sauvignon Blanc - Medal: Bronze
- 2016 Gilbert Chardonnay LCR - Medal: Bronze
- 2016 Gilbert Shiraz - Medal: Bronze
About the Orange Wine Show:
The Orange Wine Show has been running since 1999 and is a great opportunity for the wine producers of the Orange Region to benchmark their wines and to see the overall direction of the Orange Wine Industry. The Orange Wine Show is also an opportunity to invite industry professionals and wine writers from outside the region to judge and provide feedback on our wine. Also beginning in 1999, the Orange Wine Festival incorporating the Orange Wine Show has become one of the most important industry and consumer events on the local wine industry calendar.